Saturday, May 21, 2011

Dalian: Great Friends and Awesome Seafood

When we got to Dalian, we had breakfast in the hotel.  The hotel was really nice (5 star).  After breakfast we took a tour of Dalian.  The city was really big and right on the water.  Dalian is a peninsula and was a Naval city that was captured by Russia and Japan in the past.  During our stay in Dalian, we saw remnants of the time when Russia was in charge of the city and we saw the Naval base that is there from above.  We also went to a really cool theme park and I rode go-carts there. 

The last night in Dalian, we had dinner with another one of Xinli's good friends from Dalian.  His son is my very good friend Tong, who is a member of my fraternity at school.  This dinner was extremely fun and really fancy.  In China, it is very polite to toast to other people and then you are expected to finish your drink.  Everyone drank a lot and the night was crazy.  After the really fancy dinner, I was invited with Tong to a coffee bar with all of the adults.  This was a lot of fun and I was able to make some really great contacts with some very important and wealthy people in Dalian.  After that, we went to a KTV, which is a Karaoke bar and met up with the rest of the students on the trip.  This was by far the best night of the trip so far. 

My friend Tong was a great host to me during my time in Dalian.  He came along with the group to all of the sites that we saw and he went out with us at night.  I had a great time in Dalian, especially because I hung out with Tong for most of the time. 

Breakfast in the top of the Dalian Everbright Hotel.

The Everbright Hotel

Our bedroom had a big window in the shower... only in China.

Crazy amounts of apartments in Dalian

This really cool park in Dalian with a scenic half pipe type thing

Sitting at the top of the half pipe thing

The theme park right next to the water in Dalian

An egg shaped building in Dalian

The theme park by the water again.

In front of the water in Dalian

The first Dinner in Dalian

This dinner had raw lobster

It also had sea cucumber.  This was not my favorite and really slimy

Tong and I eating crabs at dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment