Saturday, May 21, 2011

China University of Mining and Technology and more...

As I said before, we went to the China University of Mining and Technology (CUMT) for a brief couple of hours to tour the facilities and meet some students.  It turns out, I knew one of the students who went there, Zheng.  He was roommates with my former roommate, Willy.  This random coincidence led to some drinking to commemorate the occasion.

After having dinner at CUMT, we hopped on a 12 hour "sleeper" train to the city of Dalian.  Another post is to come about Dalian.  Here are some more pictures.
We stopped at a Chinese McDonalds... it was good, but it was definitely Chinese.

From Left to Right:  Professor Xinli Wu, Dean Pytel (Dean of Penn State College of Engineering), Dean of CUMT, The translator.

The Penn State group on one side of the room

The CUMT students on the other side of the room.

Zheng and I talking after the meeting.

Zheng and I drinking Penn State style.

My bed on the overnight sleeper to Dalian.

Just got off the train in Dalian.

No comments:

Post a Comment